Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem with Sling Models in Adobe Experience Manager

Former Community Member

I am working on below community article related to Sling Models.  I follwed the steps given there but I am not able to map my Java Model/POJO. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/sling_models.html

I have added below dependency to my pom.xml  and I also added below tag inside maven bundle plugin to ensure the model/POJO will be adaptable

My POJO/Model class UserInfo.java is located  inside "com.ritwik.poc.sling.models" package.

<Sling-Model-Packages>com.ritwik.poc.sling.models</Sling-Model-Packages>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.sling.models.api</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

But I am getting null userInfo object when adapting from a sling resource .

Resource resource = resourceResolver.getResource("/content/testsling/slingmodel"); 
 com.ritwik.poc.sling.models.UserInfo userInfo = resource.adaptTo(com.ritwik.poc.sling.models.UserInfo.class);

I am able to access resource properties using valuemap api. Kindly help me in fixing the issue.

Thanks

Abhilash Sathi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

smacdonald2008 wrote...

This is an AEM 6 community article - but we have some ppl getting it to work on 5.6.

Thanks Scott. I thought sling models are part of AEM 5.6 . After looking at your comment I have tried to install two bundles related to Sling Models manually and then its working fine.

org.apache.sling.models.api » 1.0.0

org.apache.sling.models.impl » 1.0.0

I have downloaded above two bundles from maven respository and installed using AEM felix console . Then everything went fine. I would like to thank all active participants in AEM help forums since these are really helpful and informative for all AEM user especially beginers .

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

It Works perfectly well!! I tested it.

Former Community Member

on which version you have tested ? I have tried again but the POJO object is returning null when adpating from a resource

Former Community Member

I have added that Tag in POM. Actual problem is Sling model related bundles are not part of my CQ installation (5.6) . I have downloaded couple bundle and after installing those two everything worked fine. Thanks for you support.

Level 10

What CQ version are you using? 

Level 10

I just tested on AEM 6 - there was no issue: 

[img]SlingModels.png[/img]

On AEM 6 - try installing the package - it works! 

Former Community Member

smacdonald2008 wrote...

What CQ version are you using? 

I am using Adobe AEM 5.6

Level 10

This is an AEM 6 community article - but we have some ppl getting it to work on 5.6.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Thanks Scott. I thought sling models are part of AEM 5.6 . After looking at your comment I have tried to install two bundles related to Sling Models manually and then its working fine.

org.apache.sling.models.api » 1.0.0

org.apache.sling.models.impl » 1.0.0

I have downloaded above two bundles from maven respository and installed using AEM felix console . Then everything went fine. I would like to thank all active participants in AEM help forums since these are really helpful and informative for all AEM user especially beginers .

Employee

You have this code:

com.ritwik.poc.sling.models.UserInfo userInfo = resource.adaptTo(com.ritwik.poc.sling.models.UserInfo.class);

to me it should be like:

com.ritwik.poc.sling.models.UserInfo userInfo = resource.adaptTo(com.ritwik.poc.sling.models.UserInfo);

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----