Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Problem with Profile link / button under TouchUI user avatar - top right of screen - broken link / button broken - link checker 'invalid link' complaint

Level 4

I have an AEM 6.3 to 6.5.13.0 upgraded instance that's showing a broken link for the profile button under the user's avatar (at top right of TouchUI screen).

The link shown in the hover text is invalid - it's missing v2 and the case of userEditor.html also causes the link to break and no Profile button to appear -

i.e. - /libs/granite/security/content/userEditor.html/home/users/x/yy

but this link works:

/libs/granite/security/content/v2/usereditor.html/home/users/x/yy

- note v2 and case change of usereditor.html. I noticed the correct URL format when viewing users in /security/users.html.

This happens for all users. In this case admin logged in via:

/libs/granite/core/content/login.html

but also happens when users login via SAML 2.0.

I also see a broken Adobe link on the login screen.

I know it's possible to turn off the link checker, but I'd like to resolve potential issues first.

Thanks for any help!

Screenshot 2022-06-05 092016.png

Screenshot 2022-06-05 093123.png

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @this-that-the-otter ,

Please check this links which gives steps how to mark link as a valid https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-16563.html?lang=en

Hope that helps you!

Regards,

Santosh

Hi @SantoshSai,

Thanks for the info. However, I mentioned I do not want to turn off the link checker just yet.

I.e. - "I know it's possible to turn off the link checker, but I'd like to resolve potential issues first."

I want to resolve the underlying issue.

I assume if I turned off the link checker the link wouldn't appear broken but it would still be broken.

It seems like something is fundamentally off. I want to resolve any issue before turning off the link checker.

Thanks for any help!

Community Advisor

Hi,

The issue could be that Network/dispatcher may be blocking this request from AEM/Linkchecker and links are resolved as broken.

Arun Patidar

Hi Arun, 

Thanks for your reply.

I tried disabling the link checker and while the Profile button now shows up, the link is still invalid and leads to a 404. 

The issue being

the link used is invalid:

/libs/granite/security/content/userEditor.html/home/users/x/yy

instead of the correct: 

/libs/granite/security/content/v2/usereditor.html/home/users/x/yy

I notice in AEM 6.3 the link used would be valid. Again, my instance was upgraded from AEM 6.3 to 6.5.

Level 4

I worked with Adobe support and the issue is now resolved! Our parent pom.xml referenced uber-jar 6.5.0.

Updating it to match the cfp we're on (i.e. cfp13), as well as removing the <classifier>apis</classifier> block from the uber-jar definition in our parent pom.xml, seems to have resolved the issue!

The issue did not affect our Dev and QA instances which took a slightly different upgrade path (i.e. 6.3 to 6.5 --> 6.5 to 6.15.11 --> 6.5.11 to 6.5.12) from this instance which went from 6.3 to 6.5 and 6.5 to 6.5.13. The Dev & QA instances did not have this issue though used uber-jar 6.5.0 with <classifier>apis</classifier> block present in parent pom.xml to build our code.

I'm not sure if the upgrade path spared Dev & QA the issue, or if there is something different in cfp13 that necessitates using the matching uber-jar - which apparently is recommended or required?