Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

problem in creating custom workflow for sending Emails

Level 2

Hi, I am using AEM v6.4 and Maven v3.5.4. I have started creating custom workflow for sending email using this tutorial: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 custom workflow step that u...

The problem is that code given is using the following import for email:

import org.apache.commons.mail.Email;

import org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException;

import org.apache.commons.mail.SimpleEmail;

which is showing error in Eclipse. Please help.

I have also downloaded jar file for email from apache website but don't know where to paste inside project structure.

Thanks in advance

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rishabh,

You no need to download any jar file for email.

Please just modify the Parent POM and Core POM to include dependency of the Uber jar as discussed in the article after the java code. The errors will be gone in eclipse.

Below is the screenshot.

ParentAndCorePOM.PNG

If the see the error still then not an issue. See the note in the article.

Note:

Do not worry about the errors reported in Eclipse. It does not read the POM file where the APIs are resolved. You build the bundle with Maven. Eclipse is used to edit the Java files and the POM file.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 2

Hi Ratna,

Hey thanks for looking into my problem. I have copied and pasted code given into core POM and parent POM and ran command : mvn -PautoInstallPackage install , it is giving core build error as shown in the screenshot below:

shot.png

It has to do something with the slf4j-api jar file. Please help.

Level 10

Hi Rishabh,

I have done exactly as mentioned in article and included POM's as mentioned. For me its working.

1654375_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

Also, Can you pls send me your codebase to ratna1.kumar@gmail.com

I will check where exactly went wrong.

Level 10

Also, which maven version are you using..I can also see 1.0-SNAPSHOT is appearing in parent project.

Build1.png

Level 10

I have faced same issue with 3.5.x version.

Please use 3.3.x or 3.3.9 version. It will work!!

Community Advisor

Have you configured your settings.xml file to use Adobe’s public repository? If yes, can you try to connect it using browser. It seems there is an issue to connect adobe repo.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

This code base works - check your MAven .m2 environment please.