Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Private Folder Publish Issue

Level 1

Content Fragments in a Private folder not getting published 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @pradeeps8320454 

I tried the same i am able to create a folder as private and publish the asset from that folder. Are you the owner of the Private folder or someone created and shared you this private folder.If its later case then you should have Owner access to publish or share it with other user as per my understanding as shown below.

Rajashankar_0-1654699434012.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @pradeeps8320454

What do you mean by private folder? Can you check if you have access to that folder level, what is the error you are getting?

Regards,
Santosh

Employee Advisor

In terms of Private Folder , I believe you are referring below one -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1654696840140.png

Are you getting any error while publishing?

Level 3

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. We have different scenario for replicating the content. Replication to distinct publishers based on content path is handled by configuring the replication user to the appropriate replication agents. 

The replication users have read access to the required content folders to replicate the content appropriately to  publishers. Everything was working until we faced issue in private folders. Once the folders are made private and assigned owners replicate the content, agents are failing to replicate -stating  permission error. The configured user agents in the replication agent has the required read access to these private folders necessary for replication. If the folder is made public, agents are activating the content and works as expected

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinay

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @pradeeps8320454 

I tried the same i am able to create a folder as private and publish the asset from that folder. Are you the owner of the Private folder or someone created and shared you this private folder.If its later case then you should have Owner access to publish or share it with other user as per my understanding as shown below.

Rajashankar_0-1654699434012.png

Level 1

I have by accident created some folders on private mode but these contain assets we need to be able to publish to our EPIM systems for web. But I cannot unlock the folders nor the assets. How can I make this folders public instead of private?