Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Preview mode not working properly on Author instance

Level 3

Hi, 
When I try to open any page in Preview mode on my local Author instance, it gives me below error in error.log and I get two title bars as shown in screenshot for any page on my site. I also tried to preview a page from we-retail and it looks left shifted as per the screenshot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Error log:
GET /content/we-retail/us/en/experience/undefined HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.acs.commons.util.ResourceDataUtil Error creating the String representation for: /content/*******/errors/404.html
org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource at '/content/******/errors/404.html' not found: No resource found
at org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet.doGet(DefaultGetServlet.java:288) [org.apache.sling.servlets.get:2.1.38]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:266) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:342) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:374) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:552) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.2]
at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:44)

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 4.41.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 4.21.02 PM.png

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Please check in the system console if all the bundles are active. If its not active then expand the bundle and check which dependency is missing.

Community Advisor

Hi @prachiz 

There is definitely a code issue. I see the request URL is /content/we-retail/us/en/experience/undefined which has undefined path at the end of the request.

Normally when we do any type of redirect from code (preferebly from JS) and the path will be not be defined, these type of error comes.

Also please check if there are any console errors which is appearing when you are trying to load the page.

Was this working earlier and recently you made any changes to any code which caused this issue? I will suggest to check the last few code commits that you have made which could have possibly broke the instance.

Thanks!

Level 3

Thanks @Asutosh_Jena_, checked logs and network calls and looks like there is some issue with user authorization.

error from log:

com.adobe.granite.security.user.util.AuthorizableUtil Unable to get display name for c****: Unable to retrieve properties for c****.

Community Advisor
It looks like some user permission issue. Can you check if the user has proper set of permissions. Once this issue is resolved you should be able to see the page.

Level 3

Turns out there is no issue with user authorization. For any page I try to access, last parameter of url is undefined.

Error log:
com.adobe.cq.xf.impl.servlet.rendercondition.EditorRenderCondition Page at path /content/m******/t***/en/about-us/undefined doesn't have a jcr:content node

Level 3

Looks like this change is due to some recent code changes in my organization. Closing this thread.