Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Preventing SVG Renditions

Level 3

Hi there,

With the OOTB workflow implementation I see that its not possible to prevent the rendition creation of SVG files. It works fine for skipping renditions of other mimetypes for example when I checked for image/jpeg it doesn't create renditions of it when skip mime type is configured in the workflow but its not the case with SVG. I checked in 6.2 and 6.3 sp2 both but its the same case. Anyone else faced this issue or know how to fix it in the OOTB workflow itself just to make sure no steps are missed here ?

Result required : To prevent renditions of SVG files.

Attached screenshot :

1511483_pastedImage_0.png

1511484_pastedImage_1.png

1511485_pastedImage_2.png

I've tried all of the above options but none of them seem to work.

Easy way to test : Enable these options in the workflow and upload a .svg file to dam and check through crx/de to see if different renditions are being created.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

It is a regex match, so please escape the metacharacter '+'. Please try with following: "skip:image/svg\+xml" at "Thumbnail Process" step.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

We have asked the AEM Asset team to respond here.

Correct answer by
Level 4

It is a regex match, so please escape the metacharacter '+'. Please try with following: "skip:image/svg\+xml" at "Thumbnail Process" step.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Level 3

Thanks Scott It was indeed the regex match and since svg's have + in between so it skipped.