Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Please share the Working Command to Create AEM Project to On-premises using version 6.5.17 or 6.5.18

Level 5

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=46 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite" -D aemVersion="6.5.17"

Getting below Error:

varaande_0-1698713775737.png

As per below reference  AEM On-premises version 6.5.17 recommended Archetype 46 :

https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype/blob/develop/VERSIONS.md

& Not able to create using archetype version 44 , some projects (ex :dispatcher module (_ams,cloud) Missing when i run mvn package and manually fix some errors ui.apps build  successfully (module and main pom.xml need to fixed sync )

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=44 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite" -D aemVersion="6.5.17"

varaande_1-1698714066283.png

varaande_2-1698714158422.pngvaraande_3-1698714346036.png

Please share the Working Command to Create AEM Project to On-premises using version 6.5.17 or 6.5.18  with build success 

Regards

Vara

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Agreed with @aanchal-sikka on using Archetype version 44 at this point.

While the document you're referencing suggests to use version 46, it does not yet seem to be officially released. On GitHub, the latest release is even version 43. You should be fine going with version 44, though.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @varaande 

The following command should work

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=44 -D appTitle="WKND Sites Project" -D appId="wknd" -D groupId="com.adobe.aem.guides" -D artifactId="aem-guides-wknd" -D package="com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd" -D version="0.0.1-SNAPSHOT" -D aemVersion="6.5.17" -D includeDispatcherConfig="y"

aanchalsikka_0-1698718952565.pngaanchalsikka_1-1698719023053.png

46 is throwing error, like you mentioned. The following documentation suggests 44 https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype

Aanchal Sikka

Level 5

Hi aanchal-sikka

Still command not working at office laptop (even though removed the m2\repository folder and restarted system)  But its working in my person laptop.

varaande_0-1698759985823.png

Maven version :

varaande_1-1698760171503.png

Regards

Vara

Community Advisor

Hello @varaande 

The issue is with creation of symlinks. It requires admin access. 

There are 2 things to would need to take care of:

1. Admin access while executing command (contact IT support, if needed)
  2. If you are using windows, execute command from git bash. If it fails, request IT support to install git again, with "Enable symbolic links" option enabled.

aanchalsikka_0-1698770447625.png

Aanchal Sikka

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Agreed with @aanchal-sikka on using Archetype version 44 at this point.

While the document you're referencing suggests to use version 46, it does not yet seem to be officially released. On GitHub, the latest release is even version 43. You should be fine going with version 44, though.

Hope that helps!

Community Advisor

I agree with @markus_bulla_adobe; it seems the latest version is 43, although the documentation mentions version 44. My advice is always to stick with what is stable and officially released.

Esteban Bustamante

Employee Advisor

Hi @varaande!

Hope you got your maven build running by now.

I just wanted to quickly share an update on the archetype version:

The AEM Project Archetype version 45 has been released yesterday.

So you might want to update to that one.

Hope that helps!