Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

404 Error handling in AEM SPA

Level 7

When a abc page is not found, then apache internally makes the request to 404-error-page.html(based on error directive), and I see a request for abc.model.json and en.model.json in the network tab, but I don’t see the request for 404-error-page.model.json (because html redirect is made internally by Apache). Due to which page is showing blank. 

Apache Error directive configuration

ErrorDocument 404 /content/en/us/error/404-error-page.html

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@iamnjain  It appears, @Leela-Pavan-Kumar is also referring the same documentation and noticing an issue Re: AEM SPA Error Page Handler - Adobe Experience League Community - 444452

May be you both can help each other. Please do share with us your final approach. Would be good to know. Thanks !

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Since the request for 404-error-page.model.json is not being made, it could be possible that the model for the 404 error page is not being initialized properly.

One possible solution is to explicitly initialize the model for the 404 error page in the 404-error-page.html file. You can do this by including a script tag in the HTML file that initializes the model for the page.

Level 7

Hi @ManviSharma 

Can you please share one sample script. It would help a lot.

Community Advisor

@ManviSharma 

The same issue we are facing.

Can you please explain with an example sample code snippet?

That will help.

Any help here @aanchal-sikka @Tanika02 @arunpatidar

@kautuk_sahniAny help here, please.

Community Advisor

@aanchal-sikka 

Is this method recommended in AEMaaCS?

ACS AEM Commons error handle method I mean.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@iamnjain  It appears, @Leela-Pavan-Kumar is also referring the same documentation and noticing an issue Re: AEM SPA Error Page Handler - Adobe Experience League Community - 444452

May be you both can help each other. Please do share with us your final approach. Would be good to know. Thanks !

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

Is there any other way to do error page handling in AEM SPA project?

@EstebanBustamante 

Community Advisor

@Ronnie09  were you able to resolve this issue?