Expand my Community achievements bar.

Phantom number added to URL after page deletion

Level 1

I have deleted a page in AEM but I needed to restore the page. When I restored the page, the URL appeared with a -0 at the end. When I try to make a new page with the same URL, another number is added for example:

Original URL before deletion: triage-tool

Restored page: triage-tool0

New page: triage-tool1

I can't seem to find the page anywhere within Sites, how do I remove this phantom number so I can have the original URL?

I know there is a way as I was able to fix it before, but can no longer remember the steps.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @RowanneAb ,

Can you try editing this from CRX, and see if that works for you?

Level 8

@RowanneAb : Did you create another page with same name while/before you were trying to re-store the deleted page? Ideally this should have worked.
You can refer this as well to see if it helps you:- https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/is-it-possible-to-restore-...

Level 6

When a page is deleted, AEM doesn’t immediately purge it from the system. Instead, it moves the page to a “trash” location. When you restore the page or create a new one with the same name, AEM appends a number to the URL to avoid conflicts.

To resolve this issue and reclaim your original URL, you’ll need to permanently delete the original page from the trash location. Here are the general steps:

1. Navigate to the Trash Location: The deleted pages are typically stored in a hidden trash folder. The exact location can vary, but it’s often under /var/audit/com.day.cq.wcm.core.page/content.

2. Delete the Original Page: Find the original triage-tool page in the trash location and delete it. Be careful to only delete the page you need to remove.

3. Create or Restore Your Page: Now you should be able to restore your page or create a new one with the triage-tool URL.

Please note that these steps might vary depending on your AEM version and configuration. Always make sure to have a backup before deleting anything.

Level 1

Thank you for your response, is there any way to navigate to this location as a prod author and not as a dev? 

I'm in AEM 6.5 on Touch UI

Will this folder be in Sites? 

Administrator

@RowanneAb Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni