Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

permission sensitive caching

Level 5

I have a CUG protected page and implemented /auth_checker directly as below (sharing few lines of configuration)

but not able to see AuthChecker: initialized with URL 'configured_url'. in the dispatcher logs using apache 2.2 and dispatcher 4.1.7 in windows , please share any ideas

also share if dispatcher.any file with /auth_checker configured just to validate

/farms
  {
  /website 
    {  
    /auth_checker
      {
       /url "/bin/permissioncheck.html"

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You should see a message on DEBUG level like this:

Authorization checker: initialized with URL '/bin/permissioncheck.html'

if you don't have this line, the permission check is not configured, thus PSC is not active.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 3
This probably isn't very helpful but... Do you have loglevel set to debug?

Level 5

Yes log level set to 3 and not seeing AuthChecker: initialized with URL 'configured_url message or request going to publish for permission checking

Level 3

Ok sorry. I configured permission sensitive caching a while ago and I recall that I had to futz with the configuration to get it right. But I don't remember what exactly was the problem.

If you put some garbage in there or misspell auth_checker does Dispatcher complain after startup about the broken configuration? Is Dispatcher definitely reading that section of the configuration?

Level 5

i had checked configuration looks good and there is no error about auth_checker in the logs which makes me think if dispatcher is reading that section correctly ,is it possible to share any working dispatcher.any with auth_checker configured

Level 5

please share a working dispatcher.any with /auth_checker configured to validate the configurations

Level 3

So sorry, I don't have a working configuration file.

Are you sure that Dispatcher is loading the correct configuration file? If you intentionally break the configuration do you see errors in the Dispatcher log?

For example, if you change "/auth_checker" to "/auth_checker_broken" or just "auth_checker_broken" (with no preceding slash), does Dispatcher complain?

Level 5

Thanks , but it is not helping not seeing any log and still the CUG pages are not cached and log prints request contains authorization even when /allowAuthorized is "1"

Level 3

Is Dispatcher definitely loading the correct dispatcher.any file?

Level 5

Yes it is loading dispatcher.any but PSC is not effective

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You should see a message on DEBUG level like this:

Authorization checker: initialized with URL '/bin/permissioncheck.html'

if you don't have this line, the permission check is not configured, thus PSC is not active.

Level 5

Thanks David , Hoh . This is solved now . Issue was with a wrong httpd.conf getting loaded which in turn had loaded a wrong dispatcher.any