Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Permission for Child pages.

Level 2

HI,

I have to deny Delete permission only for the parent and the child folder for one of the user group . but the child pages of child folder should have the delete permission.

i gone through user admin (.http://servername:4502/useradmin ) and remove the delete permissions for the parent folder and enable the delete permissions for the child pages. but when you try to create a new pages on the same folder. the page are not having the delete permission. it takes permission of the parent folder.

Below is the permission screenshot of where i have disable the delete permission for the parent folder of 2018 and the child of 2018 folder(01). and manually enable the delete permission for the pages inside the child folder of 2018.(---mst-----*)

if i create a new page. the pages are not showing delete permission.

please advise how to fix this

1539191_pastedImage_1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Well, Permission is always taking Deny on preference.

It may sound weird but you need to set allow all at the parent level and then deny to all other child pages except the one where you want to give access to. it works that way.

ParentFolder (Allow) - > ChildFolder(Deny to all other folders Except Allow at one folder)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Well, Permission is always taking Deny on preference.

It may sound weird but you need to set allow all at the parent level and then deny to all other child pages except the one where you want to give access to. it works that way.

ParentFolder (Allow) - > ChildFolder(Deny to all other folders Except Allow at one folder)