Expand my Community achievements bar.

Permission Denied - Accessing Publisher EC2 from Dispatcher EC2

Community Advisor

Hi All,

I am trying to setup AEM Publisher and Dispatcher in two seperate EC2 instance.Both of these instances are in same VPC and Availability Zone.

I am able to access them seperately eg

Publisher

10.21.311.12:4503/content/we-retail/us/en.html

Dispatcher

10.22.111.13:80/index.html

But when i try to access Content page via Dispatcher i am getting the below error in disptcher.log

[Tue Jul 11 04:27:04 2023] [W] [pid 1720:tid 139789263005248] Unable to connect socket to 10.21.311.12:4503: Permission denied
[Tue Jul 11 04:27:04 2023] [W] [pid 1720:tid 139789263005248] Unable to connect to any backend in farm publish

1. From the above error i can assume that my request is properly hitting the corresponding render in farm. 

2. I had provided respective security groups for publisher by adding all traffic allowed for inbound and outbound similarly created a security group for dispatcher with all traffic allowed for inbound and outbound. Also i tried adding the security group of dispatcher to Publisher and Publisher to Dispatcher.

3.I am able to access the publisher inside dispatcher by doing a curl command curl -L 10.21.311.12:4503/content/we-retail/us/en.html in this command i get the complete content properly. If permission is an issue then in dipstahcer this curl command to access publisher should throw connectivity issue.but it fetches proper content.

I am not sure why still i am getting permission denied error in dispatcher.log. Please suggest what am i missing.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam 

I am not using Docker for Dispatcher. Basically its two separate EC2 instance itself one for publisher and dispatcher. I checked the cache folder no issues in cache. Issue is with permission denied when dispatcher tries to connect to publisher from farms info in dispatcher.any. But problem i checked curl command from dispatcher pinging the Publisher server public IP and Port and its working fine fetching the page content not sure why via apache dispatcher alone its having an issue.