Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Pathfield issue in AEM6.1

Level 2

Hi All,

I am facing below issue. Can someone help please?

I am having a component with pathfield. I am renaming some node using move option in siteadmin. The pathfield is not updating the links with the new name.

For ex: I had previously /content/site/en/page.html in siteadmin and in path field of a component dialog this link referred.

Now I renamed it to /content/site/en1/page.html in siteadmin. When I open the component dialog, the pathfield still shows the path as /content/site/en/page.html and not /content/site/en1/page.html

Thank you

Arnab

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Arnab,

By default it wont get changed for already authored components.

Please fire a jcr query and get the number of pages that are still pointing to the old url. Then iterate through all those pages from java code and using JCR api change the JCR Property and update with the correct paths.

P.S : If the total number of affected places that are needed to updated is less than 20 then manual approach is OK, otherwise follow automation and do it through the code.

Thanks and Regards

Tuhin Ghosh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Arnab,

By default it wont get changed for already authored components.

Please fire a jcr query and get the number of pages that are still pointing to the old url. Then iterate through all those pages from java code and using JCR api change the JCR Property and update with the correct paths.

P.S : If the total number of affected places that are needed to updated is less than 20 then manual approach is OK, otherwise follow automation and do it through the code.

Thanks and Regards

Tuhin Ghosh