Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Passing Concatenated Strings to Sightly Template

Level 5

I have a template called "passTitle" that applies some special formatting to a title element that is used dozens of times in a script. Here's the header for that title:

<template data-sly-template.passTitle="${@title, type}">...</template>

Usually, the title is one string, but sometimes it's multiple things that need to be concatenated. I can't figure out how to get this to work.

Here's the basic call without concatenation, which works fine:

<sly data-sly-call="${passTitle @ title='Title', type='h3'}" />

Here are some of my  attempts at a concatenation:

<sly data-sly-test="${showTitle}" data-sly-call="${passTitle @ title=('What is {0}' @format=[data.BaseInfo.ProgramTitle]), type='h3'}" />

<sly data-sly-test="${showTitle}" data-sly-call="${passTitle @ title='What is {0}' @format=[data.BaseInfo.ProgramTitle], type='h3'}" />

<sly data-sly-test="${showTitle}" data-sly-call="${passTitle @ title='What is ' + data.BaseInfo.ProgramTitle}, type='h3'}" />

<sly data-sly-test="${showTitle}" data-sly-call="${passTitle @ title=['What is ', data.BaseInfo.ProgramTitle] @ join='', type='h3'}" />

These give me various errors. My best bet was probably the {0} templating, but that doesn't seem to be supported to the right of '@'

Am I out of luck here?

I know I can do this with a pretty simple js use class, but I'd prefer not to.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

There is a thread on Stack Overflow that gives a great answer and helps to explain why you will end up back at smacdonald2008​'s answer.

Evaluating expression and pass as argument in Sightly AEM - Stack Overflow

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Use JS or Java - HTL syntax is more of a view - it does basic operations (like looping and conditions), but for more complex operations - use JS or Java.

Correct answer by
Level 2

There is a thread on Stack Overflow that gives a great answer and helps to explain why you will end up back at smacdonald2008​'s answer.

Evaluating expression and pass as argument in Sightly AEM - Stack Overflow