Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to Overlay a file in etc directory other than clientlibs

Level 2

Hi, We want to change the email subscription default message in social communities. Can someone help me to overlay any files other than clientlibs like "/etc/community/templates/subscriptions-email/html/social.forum.components.hbs.topic/en". This file I wanted to save in our apps directory. Is it possible?

Thanks

Manoj Singh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

We can not overlay clientlibs (Create a sperate category library & include same in your template. ).

+1 with Veena_07

Also read Re: Overlaying clientlibs in AEM 6.2 is successfully overlaying BUT ALSO implementing seperately, es...

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

You can change the value of the file at source.

Community Advisor

Hi Manoj

As scott mentioned, you can change the file at the source only. I would like to explain the reason here.

Before you read on , One main point , You should not keep any email templates under apps, since anonymous users will not have any read permission for content under apps in publish.

I have tried to explain below on why you should change file path in the source itself .

You should read overlay together with sling resolution. The documentation Overlays - docs.adobe.com  will clearly tell you

On a totally different context I have tried to explain one part of Sling resolution in here Template component can't override page.html , as it goes, any resource referred using a relative path will alone be considered for sling resolution and overlay. That means, if you have included a resource as <cq:include path="<name>" resourceType="community/templates/subscriptions-email/html/social.forum.components.hbs.topic/en"> , then overlay will come into picture and it will look for this resource under /apps first and then /libs

But in your scenario, you are referring to an email template , which will always be referred using an absolute path (full path), so we cannot overlay the email template (as far as my knowledge serves me right ) and the only solution is to change the path in the source code.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Veena

Correct answer by
Administrator

We can not overlay clientlibs (Create a sperate category library & include same in your template. ).

+1 with Veena_07

Also read Re: Overlaying clientlibs in AEM 6.2 is successfully overlaying BUT ALSO implementing seperately, es...

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni