Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Passing a model class to another file in sightly

Level 2

Hi All,

Is it possible to initialize a Model class once in an html file using sightly and pass it to all the html files that are included using data-sly-inlcude.

For instance: With respect to the below screenshot, I'm initializing the MetaTagModel in the mainPage.html file using the object metaModel. I need the MetaTagModel in seo.html and common-seo.html as well. Is it possible to pass on the same metaModel object initialized in mainPage.html to the seo.html and common-seo.html instead of initializing the MetaTagModel again in those html files.

H_Malhotra_0-1647288047198.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @H_Malhotra, data-sly-inlcude will not allow you to pass parameter. Instead you can use combination of data-sly-call and data-sly-template - this is what you need to achieve your goal. Here are some links to the documentation and specification which also contains example code:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @H_Malhotra, data-sly-inlcude will not allow you to pass parameter. Instead you can use combination of data-sly-call and data-sly-template - this is what you need to achieve your goal. Here are some links to the documentation and specification which also contains example code: