Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pages throwing 404 in view as published and publishers.

Level 6

Some pages are throwing 404 in author instance when 'view as published'. The page is rendering fine in edit/preview mode. But when viewed as published I'm getting a page not found error. This is the same with publishers as well. When I remove wcmmode=disabled from the author URL I'm getting the page correctly. 

The browser console shows:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

And the error log:

09.08.2021 06:16:44.518 *WARN* [10.43.0.184 [1628489804483] GET /content/path1/path2/path3/path4/path5/path6/pagename.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils Error while gettting absolute urlUnknown protocol: tel
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I think there is code issue in one of your component where error says : 

org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils Error while gettting absolute urlUnknown protocol: tel

It seems you have wrong error page ampping as well for 500 you setup 404 error page instaefdof 500/maintaince or any other page, thats why whenever there is a code error(500) you redirected to 404.

in Author mode, the redirection does work happens because the page is opened in another container iframe.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

There can be multiple issue with it;

1. If you are using any jquery in your page, some times jquery does't work while making ajax call, properly in wcmmode=disabled.

2. there are some issue with you custom code.

3. Your clientlibs are not build properly.

Solution:

Check same behaviour with weretail or wknd sites whether it is working or not?

Try to rebuild your clientlibs and see

You can put debug logger for WCMRequestFilter to see is there any issue with that or not.

Hope this will help.

Umesh Thakur

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I think there is code issue in one of your component where error says : 

org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils Error while gettting absolute urlUnknown protocol: tel

It seems you have wrong error page ampping as well for 500 you setup 404 error page instaefdof 500/maintaince or any other page, thats why whenever there is a code error(500) you redirected to 404.

in Author mode, the redirection does work happens because the page is opened in another container iframe.

Arun Patidar