Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Page Versions on Publish Instance / Need to Run Version Purge

Level 3

Are versions created on the publish instance?  I found this but it's old so I wasn't sure if that is still the case. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/accessing-older-versions-o...

More importantly, is there a need to run the Version Purge maintenance task on the publish instance?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

I don't think there are versions managed in publish because it beats the purpose repo size management (optimizing the publish instance) and author version management for same reason. Purging only needed on author.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

I don't think there are versions managed in publish because it beats the purpose repo size management (optimizing the publish instance) and author version management for same reason. Purging only needed on author.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

There is no reason to have versions on publishs, that is true. But depending on your setup you might create versions (not by intention), when you configure the Chain Replication on publish instances to clean the dispatcher cache. Make sure that you configure the agent correctly.

Level 3

Are you referring to checking "No Versioning" on the dispatcher flush agent? 

Employee Advisor

@AEM_Dan wrote:

Are you referring to checking "No Versioning" on the dispatcher flush agent? 

yes

Employee Advisor

As @Pawan-Gupta and @Jörg_Hoh both have mentioned, page versions aren't getting created in publish instances.

I do have local setup with one author and 2 publish instances. I did authoring on same page and page versions are getting created every time on activation on author but not on publish instances as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1638628536419.png

DEBAL_DAS_1-1638628756099.png

We can validate in CRXDE using query also -

DEBAL_DAS_2-1638629011684.png

Publish instance -

DEBAL_DAS_3-1638629079321.png

I am using AEM 6.5.