Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Page Properties Dialog | EXT Js

Level 4

Hi - I am working on a custom function in EXTjs..where in i am doing some field validation before submit of Page Properties Dialog. and based on a business logic I will be displaying CQ.Ext.Msg.show message to the author (Yes or No), the issue is now when the author selects Yes or No ,Also I am making a servlet call when author clicks on Yes or No,Now the question is how do I close the page properties dialog by saving all the changes made by the author if any and reload the page? Can someone please tell me how i can handle this..

Thanks in Advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4
6 Replies

Level 10

You have to use closeAction or close() from dialog after your servlet success.

Read https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6/widgets-api/index.html?class=CQ.Dialog for more details.

Level 4

Amit_Kumar wrote...

You have to use closeAction or close() from dialog after your servlet success.

Read https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6/widgets-api/index.html?class=CQ.Dialog for more details.

Hi Amit - thanks for your reply i used CQ.Dialog.close(); but it says its not a function. Can you tell me how i can use it?

Level 10

if you are using EXTJS then use CQ.Dialog.close(CQ.Dialog.closeAction);
if inside the dialog use this.close(closeAction);
if you are using a tabpanel or window use window.close();

or you can share the the code here so that i can see what you want to achieve with this.

Level 10
Ext.application({ name:'MyApp' ,requires:[ 'Ext.window.MessageBox' ]  ,launch:function() { Ext.create('Ext.window.Window', { title:'Test' ,width:400 ,height:300 ,autoShow:true ,listeners:{ beforeclose:function(win) { // user has already answered yes if(win.closeMe) { win.closeMe = false; return true; } // ask user if really close Ext.Msg.show({ title:'Close confirmation' ,msg:'Really close?' ,buttons:Ext.Msg.YESNO ,callback:function(btn) { if('yes' === btn) { // save the user answer win.closeMe = true; // call close once again win.close(); } } }); // Always cancel closing if we get here return false; } } }); } });

This a sample for EXT JS code.. Hope you can use this to suit your requirements. dialog extend window object so all window methods will be available for dialog.

Level 4

Hi Thanks for the code, but here I already have a dialog so i do not have to create a dialog, which i need to save and close. when the user clicks on yes or no.

Below is the code i have..This is called when page Properties dialog opens up

pageProperties.functionName = 
function(obj){
var url = '/bin/admin/servlet?params';
        var result =CQ.shared.HTTP.get(url);
        if(result != null && result.responseText != ""){
            CQ.Ext.Msg.show({
                title:'ALERT!!!',
                msg: 'Click Yes to override details Else Click No',
                buttons: CQ.Ext.Msg.YESNO,
                icon: CQ.Ext.MessageBox.WARNING,
                animEl: 'elId',
                fn: function(btn){ 
                    if(btn == 'yes'){
                        $.ajax({
                            type: 'POST',
                            url: '/bin/admin/servlet',
                            data: 'data='+data+'&override=' + btn
                        });
                        //insert code to save and close dialog
                    } else {
                        $.ajax({
                            type: 'POST',
                            url: '/bin/admin/servlet',
                            data: 'data='+data+'&override=' + btn
                        });
                        //insert code to save and close dialog
                    }
                }
            });
            return false; // to stop page load
        }
    }

Correct answer by
Level 4

Got the solution for this i used SlingSubmitAction...here is the link https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/widgets-api/index.html?class=CQ.form.SlingSubmitAction