Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Page expiry functionality with AEM pages

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

I wanted to know that Is there anyway we can set the expiry date for AEM pages. I'm aware that we implement the expiry functionality with DAM assets in OSGi configuration (Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification).

Please suggest.

Regards,

Raja

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @Raja-kp ,
We don't have AEM page expire as an OOTB feature similar to asset. But same can be achieved using manage publication option. You can set timer to unpublish the page. Below screenshot are for the reference:

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.01.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.02.13 AM.png

Employee Advisor

We can use two different approach here 

Approach:1 Manage Publication as suggested here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44789499/how-to-set-a-page-to-expire-in-aem-6-1.

Manage publication has Unpublish option with Now and Later option. No customization would be required.

Approach:2 If you would like to implement similar approach like Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification , then please refer the implementation class com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ExpiryNotificationJobImpl (scheduler), Bundle com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core. 

Here you need to define separate property for page expiration.

Make necessary change in terms of constant, replace dam:Asset with cq:Page, resource path, replace jcr:content/metadata/prism:expirationDate with jcr:content/pageexpirationDate. Development and testing effort would be required.

I agree with @Anish-Sinha here and we can use Manage Publication.

Community Advisor

@DEBAL_DAS @Anish-Sinha @Vijayalakshmi_S Thanks for your response - will validate the steps and update here.

Community Advisor

@DEBAL_DAS @Anish-Sinha @Vijayalakshmi_S Is there anyway we can trigger a notification to a group once the page got de-activated or un-published ?

Employee Advisor

1. Do you want to send the inbox notification to a specific group?

2. How do you want to read that group?

Community Advisor

@DEBAL_DAS Yes - sending an email notification to a authoring group or Inbox notification.

Regards,

Raja

Employee Advisor

@Raja-kp you can create a workflow model which will trigger email to the specified group. It will be process step so no intervention would be needed. As soon as the page gets unpublished, the email would trigger.