Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Page Activity Report

Level 4

Hi,

I am using OOTB Page Activity Report,in that normally we are having four column page,type,user,time.I want to include 2 more column for on/offtime by which it needs to activate and deactivate the page.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

I think, the OOTB page activity isn't enough to fulfill your requirement. You got to do custom implementation. 

You can't get the expected result by just passing on/off to Query. You have to do the following changes:

• The Page activity report displays information in Extjs Grid. You have to extend this grid and add two more columns for this.
  • Make a request to fetch the information from backend along with ON/OFF time. You may require to develop OSGI Service. 
  • I am not sure if exiting request which loads data on the grid has any configuration to include/exclude whatever property you want in response.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

---Jitendra

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

why do you need to give control of activate / deactivate a page in the 'page activity report' console !!

Level 4

Yeah that is the client requirement,they are asking to diaplay the ontime and offtime  of the page as a  seperate column in the page activity report

Administrator

Hi

I thinks there is some communication gap for us to understand your use-case.

I would like you to elaborate you use-case in much detail covering (what is the use-case, alternatives thought, what is the need, or not able to think about any solution). 

The ambiguity for us to understand is , why would you need to give control for activation/deactivation of the page in Page Activity Report?

Are you trying to activate page programmatically? Link:- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18955982/how-to-activate-programmatically-a-page-in-cq5-workflow

Or Do you want to have logs of page activation/Deactivation ? Link:- 

Or do you want to Schedule page of activation/Deactivation ? 

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

Hi 

One Reference article :- http://wemcode.wemblog.com/on-off-time-behavior-in-cq-aem

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi,

I am using OOTB Page Activity Report,in that normally we are having four column like page,type,user and time similar to that my requirement is to create two more component like ontime and offtime  column by which it needs to displays the activation and deactivation of the page in page activity report.I need the queryBuilder property for setting ontime and offtime column.

Correct answer by
Level 9

I think, the OOTB page activity isn't enough to fulfill your requirement. You got to do custom implementation. 

You can't get the expected result by just passing on/off to Query. You have to do the following changes:

• The Page activity report displays information in Extjs Grid. You have to extend this grid and add two more columns for this.
  • Make a request to fetch the information from backend along with ON/OFF time. You may require to develop OSGI Service. 
  • I am not sure if exiting request which loads data on the grid has any configuration to include/exclude whatever property you want in response.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

---Jitendra