Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Overlayed Workflow email template to /apps not working

Level 2

Hi Team,

I've overlayed default folder /libs/settings/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt this to /apps/settings/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt

and created only en.txt under /apps/.. 

But it's not picking the customized template from /apps path. 

Tried below solutions/points but had no luck:

1> /system/console/configMgr - email notification has been set. (it's pointing to libs)

2> We could not add sling:resourceSuperType or sling:resourceType to a default folder. as it's the properties we are using for cq:components (correct me if here missing something)

3> Added mixin-types as Public (granite:PublicArea) to the default folder to access it publicly but no luck.

Could anybody help me to get /apps... path email template instead of /libs?

Thanks in advance!

Nikita M.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to restart the osgi bundle/component then only changes will be reflecting.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42777697/workflow-email-notification-template 

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi,

I've restarted the AEM instance + OSGI com.day.cq.workflow.impl.email.EMailNotificationService component + com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService component

Still not able to reflect the /apps path email template.

Any other possibility, that we missed here? 

Level 3

I am running into the same issue. I did find this thread which states that overlaying the node on an on-prem instance will not work: Solved: Email Notification template - Adobe Experience League Community - 544232