Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

OSGI Bundle for MSSQL - error javax.net.SocketFactory classdefnotfound

Level 7

I am trying to create an OSGI bundle for MSSQL driver.  I'll post my Manifest below.

Basically, I get an error javax.net.SocketFactory no class def found.

com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Process execution resulted in an error
	at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:201) [com.adobe.granite.workflow.core:2.0.240.CQ650-B0016]
	at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:260) [com.adobe.granite.workflow.core:2.0.240.CQ650-B0016]
	at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:502) [org.apache.sling.event:4.2.12]
	at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:293) [org.apache.sling.event:4.2.12]
	at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:60) [org.apache.sling.event:4.2.12]
	at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:229) [org.apache.sling.event:4.2.12]
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/net/SocketFactory
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.getSocketFactory(IOBuffer.java:2636)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.getConnectedSocket(IOBuffer.java:2687)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.getDefaultSocket(IOBuffer.java:2674)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2358)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.open(IOBuffer.java:672)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:2747)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:2418)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:2265)
	at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:1291)

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Jdbc
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.s360g.mssql.jdbc
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Automatic-Module-Name: com.s360g.mssql.jdbc
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.8
Export-Package: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc,
 microsoft.sql
Import-Package: javax.naming,
 javax.naming.spi,
 javax.net,
 javax.net.ssl,
 javax.security.auth,
 javax.security.auth.login,
 javax.security.auth.x500,
 javax.sql,
 javax.transaction.xa,
 javax.xml.parsers,
 javax.xml.stream,
 javax.xml.transform,
 javax.xml.transform.dom,
 javax.xml.transform.sax,
 javax.xml.transform.stax,
 javax.xml.transform.stream,
 org.ietf.jgss,
 org.w3c.dom,
 org.xml.sax,
 org.xml.sax.helpers

crich2784_0-1622724951606.png

Help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

javax.net should be provided by the java runtime, and for that reason the Felix Framework makes the export of that package. Nevertheless I am not sure what happens if that package is provided by the Java runtime.

What version of Java are you using? Can you show the version as exposed in the MBean java.lang:Runtime of AEM (/system/console/jmx)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

javax.net should be provided by the java runtime, and for that reason the Felix Framework makes the export of that package. Nevertheless I am not sure what happens if that package is provided by the Java runtime.

What version of Java are you using? Can you show the version as exposed in the MBean java.lang:Runtime of AEM (/system/console/jmx)

Level 7
Thank you for replying. Jorg, I might be overcomplicating this. Maybe I do not need to wrap into OSGI container. I just tried to point straight to the jar downloaded from Microsoft as it has an osgi Activator,etc in the jar. That worked and started. Still having a problem finding my JDBC DataSource but, maybe the driver issue is solved. Verifying my direction would be great.

Level 7
Looks like service won't start: org.osgi.service.jdbc cannot be resolved.

Level 7
Ok, I used version 6.2 and it installed and is running.