Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

org.apache.sling.servlets.post.exceptions.PreconditionViolatedPersistenceException

Level 4

Hi,

When I was trying to update the RTE component I'm getting the error as shown in below SS.

sravs_0-1639380946115.png

When I checked the logs, I found the below exception.

org.apache.sling.servlets.post.exceptions.PreconditionViolatedPersistenceException: Resource at '/content/mywebsite/master/en_us/test-page/jcr:content/root/article/text' is not modifiable.

Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravani

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Jörg_Hoh , 

Thanks for the Reply. I'm having all the permission. I found why the issue happening.

There is property present in the '/content/mywebsite/master/en_us/test-page/jcr:content/root/article' node which is same name as the child node 'text'. After updating the node name its resolved the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravani

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sravs 

As per the error, it says the component is not modifiable. Are you trying to update the initial content component in the page?

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Level 4

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam,

I'm not updating the initial content component in the page. Actually I'm facing the issue only for few pages using this template not all.

Employee Advisor

This is an exception which is thrown when you try to modify content. As it is a preconditionViolatedException it's not a permanent thing (like a broken repo), but it rather indicates that current request won't be ever succesfull, e.g. because you don't have enough permissions or some other formal reason. You can find more details in the logs.

First thing I would check if you have write permission on that page.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Jörg_Hoh , 

Thanks for the Reply. I'm having all the permission. I found why the issue happening.

There is property present in the '/content/mywebsite/master/en_us/test-page/jcr:content/root/article' node which is same name as the child node 'text'. After updating the node name its resolved the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravani