Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript:

Level 1

I can see bundle as in active stage on system/console but while hitting the page, getting this error -

org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/...../head_html.java: Line 47, column 2148 : com.....core.page.PageModel cannot be resolved to a type Line 127, column 6223 : com....core.components.configuration.market....Model cannot be resolved to a type
Cannot serve request to /content/.....dashboard.html in /apps/.....abstractPageRenderer.html

Exception:
org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/...../head_html.java:
Line 47, column 2148 : com......core.page.PageModel cannot be resolved to a type
Line 127, column 6223 : com.......core.components.configuration.market....Model cannot be resolved to a type

3 Replies

Community Advisor

This usually happens when there is an error in the sightly script, or the included files present in that script. 

Now, if this was component specific, you would get the page, but the component would not be visible. But, as the whole page is not visible, I suspect something wrong in the template's html file on which this page is created.

You can check error logs , I'm pretty sure, you would get to the .html file of the template whose structure component is having this error.

Level 1

But same thing is working for gradle project when we migrated to maven then getting this issue.

Community Advisor

It could be due to an OOTB version conflict or an dependency version conflict which will not show up in the bundle but could be present anyway. I would suggest you go through the error logs once, you would find the responsible piece of code.