Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

org.apache.sling.api.servlets,version=[2.3,3) -- Cannot be resolved

Level 2

Hello all, trying to build my project and getting below error in my OSGi... (Project created by archetype 23)

org.apache.sling.api.servlets,version=[2.3,3) -- Cannot be resolved

I have this dependency added in my POM

<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>

<artifactId>org.apache.sling.api</artifactId>

<version>2.3.0</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Tried all versions https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/org/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.api/ but no luck. What am I missing?

Error in logs:

14.03.2020 22:36:12.200 *ERROR* [qtp1524159769-1650] org.apache.felix.http.jetty %bundles.pluginTitle: Cannot start (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve akamdashapi.core [585](R 585.1): missing requirement [akamdashapi.core [585](R 585.1)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.sling.api.servlets)(version>=2.3.0)(!(version>=3.0.0))) Unresolved requirements: [[akamdashapi.core [585](R 585.1)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.sling.api.servlets)(version>=2.3.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))])
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve akamdashapi.core [585](R 585.1): missing requirement [akamdashapi.core [585](R 585.1)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.sling.api.servlets)(version>=2.3.0)(!(version>=3.0.0))) Unresolved requirements: [[akamdashapi.core [585](R 585.1)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.sling.api.servlets)(version>=2.3.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))]
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:4368)

@kautuk_sahni @Jörg_Hoh @arunpatidar 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

What AEM version are you using?

Employee Advisor

You mix up bundle version and java package version. These are 2 totally distinct concepts.

in AEM 6.5.5 the "SLING API" bundle in version 2.20.2 exports the package "org.apache.sling.api.servlets" in the version 2.3.0. When you check in the OSGI webconsole and search for the Sling API bundle and display the details, it will show you the bundle exports plus the respective versions. 

You should not be required to change anything in your POM, when you want to use this API, just having the uber.jar in the matching version to your AEM instance used should be sufficient.

Level 1

Hello @harishred , how did you fix this? did you install any service pack or manually updated the version of sling servlet ?

Level 2

Issue was with Archetype 23 which was not supported by dependencies in POM.. changed to 22 and it worked.. whatever archetype you are facing, go down 1 and try. Else issue with your dependencies  

Level 1

Hi, I upgraded the uber jar version to 6.5.0 in my project and it fixed the issue. thank you!

Level 1

where i need to  upgrade the uber jar version to 6.5.0 in my project 

Level 5

In parent(project) pom.xml file.

<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>
<artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId>
<version>6.5.0</version>
<classifier>apis</classifier>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>