Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

org.apache.commons.lang3 can not be resolved in OSGI console.

Level 2

I have added the below dependency in the pom for my project.

<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>

<artifactId>commons-lang3</artifactId>

<version>3.8.1</version>

</dependency>

But in System/console I am getting the below Error. Do i need to export the package. Please help.

org.apache.commons.lang3,version=[3.8,4) -- Cannot be resolved

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This maven dependency applies to an OSGI bundle, thus the version number applies to the bundle version.

OSGI dependencies apply to java package versions; sometimes all packages exported by a certain bundle have the same version as the bundle, but that's not often.

Check in your AEM instance, what version of the OSGI bundle "commons-lang3" you have deployed, and change the maven dependency to the same version.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This maven dependency applies to an OSGI bundle, thus the version number applies to the bundle version.

OSGI dependencies apply to java package versions; sometimes all packages exported by a certain bundle have the same version as the bundle, but that's not often.

Check in your AEM instance, what version of the OSGI bundle "commons-lang3" you have deployed, and change the maven dependency to the same version.

Level 2

Thanks, I deleted the older version of common-lang3 and deployed the newer version manually.