Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Opening a dialog on click of a button component

Level 3

Hi,

I am using AEM 6.3 and have made a button component in touch UI. I want to open a dialog box which will have pathbrowser field on click of that button. Can anyone please help me on how to do it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I do agree with scott and ratna. If you are trying to open a dialog in preview mode may be you have to revisit your requirements

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 10

Are you referring to a component dialog? A component dialog that contains a path finder is typically opened when an author hovers over a component in Design mode in the Author instance. There is no need to have a button to open a component dialog.

Level 10

To see use of a PathFinder granite data type (granite/ui/components/foundation/form/pathbrowser) in a component dialog - see this article:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an AEM 6.2 HTML Template Language tab movie component

Level 3

Hi. thanks for your reply. But we need to open the dialog in content page on click of the button in preview mode. May be there must be some method for toch Ui like we have in classic mode we use below method.

CQ.wcm.EditBase.showDialog(editRollOver, CQ.wcm.EditBase.EDIT);

Level 10

I am looking for an example - if we have one within Adobe.

Level 3

Hi seems the link You shared is for opening dialog in author mode. I want a dialog should open on click of a button . i dont remember any example in Adobe but I can give some screen shots of how it should work . Please note on click of create this dialog box is appearing.

1272213_pastedImage_1.png

Community Advisor

I agree with scott smacdonald2008 For end users , anything you open can be handled via Jquery actions.

Can you let me know your exact use case? May ne I can help? I am trying to understand the requirement like this in preview mode in author ?

Community Advisor

Hi rohits64600205

What are you trying to achieve here ? is it some kind of tool you are working on which needs a dialog to open ?  If you have Mock up can you add the screenshots here ?

Thanks

Veena

Level 10

Hi Rohit,

As far as I know in AEM, you can view the page in preview mode that how the page looks after authored.

It is not possible to open the dialog in preview mode. You can author or open the dialog only in Edit mode.

Hope this helps!

~Ratna.

Level 10

Ratna is correct - you cannot open an AEM dialog for a component in Preview mode.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I do agree with scott and ratna. If you are trying to open a dialog in preview mode may be you have to revisit your requirements

Level 3

Hi Veena,

You are correct I am working on tool. I have already attached one screen shot. Please can you look into this. I want a dialog to open on click of the button in author preview environment.

Level 2

Hi @rohits64600205 ,

were you able to get any solution for this use case?