Expand my Community achievements bar.

OOTB feature to Load AEM (assets, page content, media) content dynamically in a page of AEM 6.2

Level 2

Hello guys,

I wonder if AEM 6.2 supports an OOTB feature or component that retrieves content from a container (can be a folder in AEM), could be with ACS commons, that I can use to show in a page this content but in a dynamically way. So, if the source content change (can be an asset, page content, media) the page where this "component" is added will be updated also.

Also, we have a scenario where content resides outside of AEM, so this is more tricky, but maybe do you know a way to do this OOTB in AEM, is like integrating with external platforms service. Anyway, is more important to me, know about the content that resides in AEM.

I know for sure that we can do a custom BE implementation to have this working in many ways, for instance, creating a sling servlet and retrieves all the target content inside a parameter path (container) sent, with JCR API or Apache Sling I can do the trick to return the data that I want.  However, the idea is first be sure if maybe AEM 6.2 has a similar approach out-of-the-box to do this.

Thank you!

1 Reply

Administrator

Hi, 

I do not know if we have OOTB for this use-case.

But, 

Moving this thread to AEM "Asstes" topic so to have better contextual experts have a look at this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni