Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

OOTB AEM 6.0 GA release - datastore garbage collection fails for TarMK

Level 2

Has anyone been able to get AEM 6.0's datastore garbage collection to work, after a fresh install?  Currently when clicking on startDataStoreGC(), the error message is returned:

status
code0
id43
messageCannot perform operation: no service of type BlobGCMBean found.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I am assuming you are using CRX3TAR.  The "revision clean-up" is replacing "datastore gc" hence please run  "revision clean-up".   Documentation is under progress to update it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I am assuming you are using CRX3TAR.  The "revision clean-up" is replacing "datastore gc" hence please run  "revision clean-up".   Documentation is under progress to update it. 

Level 2

Thanks! However I tried this just now (and before), and the Revision Clean Up begins, but completes after a few seconds with "succeeded".  My repository is growing daily still, and eventually will fill up the filesystem after a few weeks, so either the Revision Clean Up is not working, or there is some other out-of-the box feature of CQ6 that slowly causes the filesystem that CQ6 resides on to get full (8 new 256MB data*tar files are created daily, and old ones are not reclaimed).  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I've already done CQ's disk usage checks under reporting, as well as checking versions, and reported disk usage is only 1GB - no where near the 19GB that the data*tar files take, and there are no versions to purge either.  Very strange.  With previous versions of CQ, you could run a query that would actually tell you what was contained in the data.tar files, but CQ6 does not have this feature unless I am mistaken.

Level 10

Can you please file daycare so that we can investigate.