Older versions of AEM documentation
The versions of AEM, CQ and CRX listed on this page are End of Life and no longer officially sold by Adobe. Our last versions of official documentation for these older versions are available for your self-help needs. We recommend you upgrade to the latest version (which currently is AEM 6.5 ).
Note: To know when an AEM version will reach End of core support, have a look at Products and technical support periods and search CQ or AEM.
Before you install
Before you download the package, determine who will consume the content. This decision will determine how it is deployed:
1. Developers can install locally for quick reference.
2. For broader organizational documentation needs, it is recommended the package is deployed on an internally accessible, non-production AEM Author instance.
Note: Users must be logged into the AEM instance to access this content on AEM Author. This content is not accessible by default on AEM Publish (as it exists under /libs).
How to install a documentation package
In order to Install a legacy documentation package you must have AEM installed and running on your local drive or network drive.
Download the documentation package
1. From the table above, select the link for the AEM Documentation version to download. For example, AEM 5.6.1.
2. Login using your Adobe ID. If you don't have an ID, create one.
3. Select the the Download button.