Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Not Showing Content Fragment Models in AEM 6.4

Level 2

Hello Everyone

​We are running AEM 6.4 and we want to use content fragment model. We enabled in the global and even for we.ratail also in the configuration and same thing mapped in the Assets>files. But still we are not able to see content fragment model. could you please help us

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to have any seperate package for it. You should be getting along with 6.4

This is interesting not to see on the author instance UI. Have you logged in as admin? I am just trying to assume things here..

we may have to look at it to see whats going on there...

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Level 2

Thank you for the help. But I tried all the ways including the above link in AEM 6.4. nothing is showing up. 1st enabled only we-retail then tried for enabling global also. Please let us know if anyone is able to see content frgment model using 6.4. If so, do we need to install any packages? I tried in local, QA environment.

Community Advisor

Hi,

I tried Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with AEM Content Services - Part 2 - Defining FAQ Co...  steps and I can see the content fragment model at Tools->Assets->Content Fragment Models

Even I created new content model faq and Content fragment also

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 10.37.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 10.40.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 10.41.44 PM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 10

IS your AEM 6.4 a fresh install or an upgrade?

Level 2

We upgraded from 6.2 to 6.4 . We run the server freshly in different folder with new crx-quickstart folder. Please find the screenshots that we did.

1508244_pastedImage_0.png

1508245_pastedImage_1.png

1508246_pastedImage_2.png

1508247_pastedImage_3.png

Level 10

Can you look if there are model template in the path shown in the screenshot?

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.07.08 AM.png

Level 2

Yes we have the template and please find the same below. Actually we liked the content fragment feature and its really awesome feature. There is not much configuration also to enable just simple two steps as mentioned in the screen shot. Even our QA/DEV environment also not able to see the same.

1508616_pastedImage_0.png

Please let us know any package needed for it.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to have any seperate package for it. You should be getting along with 6.4

This is interesting not to see on the author instance UI. Have you logged in as admin? I am just trying to assume things here..

we may have to look at it to see whats going on there...

Level 2

Hi, Can you please tell me which seperate package we need to use to resolve this issue

Level 2

Yes I am logged in as admin only full access in local and tested in QA. We are from CA company. Thanks for letting us know that separate package may need for it. Could you please guide us where to get package. I am sorry for keeping trouble here.

Level 2

Thank you all. We got package and able to create content fragment model

Level 2

Hi srinivast608032

Can you please tell which package you used to resolve this issue

Level 1

Hi srinivast,

Can you please let me know where I can get the package for content fragment model ? Even I couldn't see in the assets section.

Thanks,

Bala

Level 2

Hi all,

I'm on AEM 6.4.3, and trying to get started with Content Fragments.  I created the /conf/[my-project] structure for my test project to store my models and created one, then I also created the /content/dam/[my-project]/content-fragments structure to manage my fragments.

However, after creating the model, and when trying to create my first Content Fragment, the list of templates did not contain the model I had just created.

After reading this post, I noticed one of the previously posted CRXDE screenshots showed the /content/dam/we-retail/jcr:content node and its list of properties: there, I saw the "cq:conf" property, value "/conf/we-retail".  Then, I went ahead and added this property to /content/dam/[my-project]/jcr:content, with the proper value of "/conf/my-project", and after saving I was able to see my model in the list of Templates when creating a new Content Fragment.

Hope this also helps a bit.

Level 2
though seeing this comment in 2021 but thanks leo it works

Level 2

Thanks Leo.. I was facing exactly same issue. After Creating Model, when tried to create content fragment, my content model template was not getting listed.

After adding this property: /conf/[project-folder-name] to /content/dam/[my-project]/jcr:content , templates are appearing now.

I think Leo's solution should be marked as correct solution