Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Not able to delete or edit a component if there is a parsys inside it.

Level 1

I am building a simple component in aem 6.3 and there is a parsys inside the component itself, but neither am I able to edit the component nor am I able to delete it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Smridhig

Do you have a dialog or atleast an edit config for your component ? A component can be editable only if it has a dialog or to the minimum an edit config node (cq:editConfig). If your answer for this question is no , try adding an edit config node with below configurations

Let me know if this works

Thanks

Veena

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

How you have included the container component which is containing the parsys component in the page?

Have you drag and drop it OR keeps it static in page component?

Please check the below article:

you will see how parsys is included in text-image component for drag and drop of heading and text OR button component to complete a text image component.

Creating a custom Image Text component for Experience Manager

Regards,
Prince

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Smridhig

Do you have a dialog or atleast an edit config for your component ? A component can be editable only if it has a dialog or to the minimum an edit config node (cq:editConfig). If your answer for this question is no , try adding an edit config node with below configurations

Let me know if this works

Thanks

Veena