Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

'No action' in live copy rollout CQ5

Level 3

I am new to CQ5 and learning it. When I try to rollout a live copy from a blueprint page; the actions are create,update,full update, partial update and 'No action' . I would want to know when does a user get 'No action' option.

I rolled out a live copy from a blueprint page and then deleted the blueprint page and then deleted the live copy page as well. After that; if I create the blueprint page with the same name again and try to roll it out; I am getting a 'No action' and not create.

Even if I delete the live copy page and then try to to roll it out again; it does not show the action as 'create'. It display 'No action'

Is this a bug in AEM 5.6.1?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is not a bug instead a feature to indicate target (Livecopy) has been detached. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is not a bug instead a feature to indicate target (Livecopy) has been detached. 

Level 3

But after deleting both the live copy and blueprint; and creating the blueprint page with the same name; there is no option of 'CREATE' while roll out. There comes an option of 'No action' while rolling out the page. It means it is storing the history with the blueprint page's name. Can we delete the history forcefully; so that when we create the blueprint page from scratch; and roll out the live copy; 'CREATE' option comes and not 'NO ACTION'. As mentioned in the msm api; the endRelationship method deletes the history of the relation ship. But even after using this method; and creating the pages from scratch; 'NO ACTION' comes while rolling out. Is there a way using whcih we can forcefully set this to 'CREATE' using code?

Thanks