Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Newly uploaded assets invisible in the editor for a prolonged period of time

Level 3

Dear Experts,

sometimes when I upload an asset and want to use it in the editor, it cannot be found for a long time. Up to one day in some cases. I tried using a different browser to exclude caching problems, but it did not help. What could be an issue here and what can be done to remedy it?

Fresh files become visible under /assets.html/content/dam right away, but do not appear, when any author (not just me) searches for them in the editor. Maybe some indexing issue?

We use the 6.1 version with all hotfixes on board.

Kind regards,

Ivan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

in that case it looks like the index wasn't updated properly. Well, I assume at least, I don't know how you would search for the filename of parts of the name otherwise. Please raise a Daycare issue then.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

NE error heard of this issue. This sounds like a bug. Please file a daycare ticket.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

so to confirm:

• you upload an asset
  • you can see this file in the DAM, so the asset update workflow was succesfull
  • but then you cannot use it, because you don't find it when you specifically search for it.

So the question: How do you search for this asset?

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 3

Using the file name or its parts

Best regards

Ivan

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

in that case it looks like the index wasn't updated properly. Well, I assume at least, I don't know how you would search for the filename of parts of the name otherwise. Please raise a Daycare issue then.

kind regards,
Jörg