Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Need to remove OOTB roles in the AEM Create Project Wizard

Level 2

Hi,

I need to remove the OOTB roles (Observer, Editor and Owner) and replace them with the custom roles.

I created the new roles under /apps/<my-app>/projects/<project-name>/roles.

The new roles start appearing in the list, but the default ones are not replaced.

Has anyone had a similar requirement. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ankush Dhingra

3 Replies

Employee

Disclaimer: I'm not a Projects expert.

Are you overlaying a project under /libs?  If so can you use create the same-named resources as the observer/editor/owner entry item resources, and use "sling:hideResource=true" [1]  to hide them in your overlay?

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-merg...

Level 2

Hi David,

The OOTB roles come from a data source /libs/cq/gui/components/projects/admin/datasource/projectroledatasource which at the backend is a servlet registered on this resource type (it is not a node). This other than returning the options for the roles dropdown, performs additional functionalities like create groups of the name <myproject>-projectrole under the /home/groups so that permissions can be assigned based on the role.

So, for these OOTB roles there is no node to overlay from libs.

Regards,

Ankush Dhingra

Level 1

Hi ankush! I need to remove one of the OOTB roles also, have you figured out the solution for this?