Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need to have a feature flaw fixed

Level 2

I am experiencing an issue when replicating a package from Author to Publish.

When content is package and replicated, items in \Content\Dam are not invalidated on the dispatcher and a manual cache clear needs to be performed. (Specifically PDF files)

I contacted Adobe about this, and their response is that this is working as designed. This is something that should be fixed as it makes it very difficult to implement changes through package creation and replication.

How do I go about getting Adobe to fix this flaw?

Thank you

John Pedrick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi, John.

By "replicating it from author to publish", you mean that you've been using the Package Manager? Selecting the package, clicking on More -> Replicate?

Yeah. I haven't tried anything like that before...

Out of curiosity:

• is your Dispatcher Flush Agent active on the publish instance?
  • do other triggers (such as On Modification) "trigger" the Flush Agent even if your are replicating the content instead of activating/publishing it?

Maybe, you should try to install/use the ACS Commons Dispatcher Flush Rules on publish anyway. Just to confirm that it can't solve your problem.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Daniel.

John Pedrick wrote...

To put this into perspective:

- We are creating packages with content and replicating it from author to publish.

- We are not using activation process

When content is activated, the dispatcher invalidates correctly.

When content is replicated in a package, it does not invalidate correctly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi, John.

I believe I've never seem dispatcher behaving like that before... Can you please provide more information regarding the configuration that you've been using and the adopted architecture/infrastructure?

You can also try to use:

The later gives you a finer control of which should be invalidated when some specific paths get published.

Regards,

Daniel.

Level 10

When you say you contact Adobe - to whom did you speak - your Technical account manager, support? 

Level 2

- We are creating packages with content and replicating it from author to publish.

Level 2

This was the response from Adobe Support and Adobe Build Engineers

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi, John.

By "replicating it from author to publish", you mean that you've been using the Package Manager? Selecting the package, clicking on More -> Replicate?

Yeah. I haven't tried anything like that before...

Out of curiosity:

• is your Dispatcher Flush Agent active on the publish instance?
  • do other triggers (such as On Modification) "trigger" the Flush Agent even if your are replicating the content instead of activating/publishing it?

Maybe, you should try to install/use the ACS Commons Dispatcher Flush Rules on publish anyway. Just to confirm that it can't solve your problem.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Daniel.

John Pedrick wrote...