Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Need to add one custom button besides move button in dam admin

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I have one requirement where i have to add new button besides move button in DAM admin with same functionality. I have overlaid this node "/apps/settings/granite/ui/shell/actions" and tried to add new button there But i have figured out that button names are pre-defined. So if i try to give any new name except copy,move,relate,unrelate or delete then am seeing blank space on DAM admin.

How could i add my custom button with custom name. Do i need to define this custom button somewhere else.

Following is the screenshots where am trying to configure custom button:

1798755_pastedImage_0.png

DAM admin :

1798758_pastedImage_3.png

Thanks & Regards,

Lovepreet

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

You are looking at wrong place, if you want to add new button than you have to overlayassetdetails page.

You have to overlay "/libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails" under this you will find all button and their respective aciton.

Once you overlay and add your new button, you can add variant ,rendercondition and etc...

For example have a look how they have implementated move action /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/moveasset

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vipin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Please specify AEM version.

Level 2

Hello,

Please use Sling Resource Merger to achieve this.Some useful links below:-

Using the Sling Resource Merger in AEM

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/sling-resource-merger-in-aem/

Using this you can achieve something like below

Capture.PNG

Thanks & Regards

Ashish Ranjan

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

You are looking at wrong place, if you want to add new button than you have to overlayassetdetails page.

You have to overlay "/libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails" under this you will find all button and their respective aciton.

Once you overlay and add your new button, you can add variant ,rendercondition and etc...

For example have a look how they have implementated move action /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/moveasset

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vipin