Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

My question is about Ability for an author to reorder each tab within the component dialog in aem

Level 2

I want to know how to provide the numbering for each tab, so that author can provide the number to the tab as per their requirement/preference/relevance.RequirementRequirement

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As per the screenshot the number of tabs are fixed, so you can have another tab - order selector - where you can configure the order. 

Btw, I would prefer this to be done as a container and subcomponent structure instead of a blobbed up dialog.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Have you looked into using the "sling:orderBefore (String)" proeprty and update it dynamically using Sling Models?

sling:orderBefore (String)

Contains the name of the sibling node that the current node should be positioned in front of."

More details at [1]

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/sling-resource-merger.html

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As per the screenshot the number of tabs are fixed, so you can have another tab - order selector - where you can configure the order. 

Btw, I would prefer this to be done as a container and subcomponent structure instead of a blobbed up dialog.