Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

My question is about Ability for an author to reorder each tab within the component dialog in aem

Level 2

I want to know how to provide the numbering for each tab, so that author can provide the number to the tab as per their requirement/preference/relevance.RequirementRequirement

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As per the screenshot the number of tabs are fixed, so you can have another tab - order selector - where you can configure the order. 

Btw, I would prefer this to be done as a container and subcomponent structure instead of a blobbed up dialog.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Have you looked into using the "sling:orderBefore (String)" proeprty and update it dynamically using Sling Models?

sling:orderBefore (String)

Contains the name of the sibling node that the current node should be positioned in front of."

More details at [1]

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/sling-resource-merger.html

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As per the screenshot the number of tabs are fixed, so you can have another tab - order selector - where you can configure the order. 

Btw, I would prefer this to be done as a container and subcomponent structure instead of a blobbed up dialog.