Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Multipart form and servlet in CQ

Level 4

Hi,

We are trying to automate the uploading of files to DAM.  Our webpage contains the following input(s)

<input type="hidden" id="dam-root" name="dam-root" value="/content/dam/travel/"/> <input id="file-id" type="file" name="our-file" />

We referenced the article http://labs.sixdimensions.com/blog/2013-01-02/handling-file-upload-adobe-cq/ to implement our servlet.  Specifically, to get the values from the form, we are using

// process file String fileName = ""; InputStream fstream = null; final boolean isMultipart = ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(request); if (isMultipart) { final Map<String, RequestParameter[]> params = request.getRequestParameterMap(); for (final Map.Entry<String, RequestParameter[]> pairs : params.entrySet()) { final String k = pairs.getKey(); final RequestParameter[] pArr = pairs.getValue(); final RequestParameter param = pArr[0]; final InputStream stream = param.getInputStream(); if (param.isFormField()) { log.info("Form field " + k + " with value " + Streams.asString(stream) + " detected."); } else { fstream = stream; fileName = param.getFileName(); } } }

However, when we run the code, we expect the log file to record "Form field dam-root with value /content/dam/travel/ detected".  However, non-file form fields are never detected.  It detects the file input request parameter aka "our-file" and process the related stream.  Any pointers?

Thank You.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Silly me, I found my mistake.  The servlet is not detecting form fields because the JSP page has a client script that filters out all form fields and sending only file input.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Silly me, I found my mistake.  The servlet is not detecting form fields because the JSP page has a client script that filters out all form fields and sending only file input.