Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multifield in content fragment model

Level 4

Is it possible to add a multifield to a content fragment model?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Correct - as discussed in the article - they are created on Author.  A component used in a content fragment can have a dialog - where you can use all grainte data types - including MF.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Level 4

Hi Sean, I am of the same opinion as yours. I was just letting you know the existing option (may be the only one that OOTB) now.

Actually expecting a reply from smacdonald2008​ / any other Adobe engineers on the option of multipanel (holding multiple datatypes).

I am also in bad need of this feature as there is a huge demand /requirement to use content fragment in my project.

Regards,

Anand MN

Level 1

Have you got any success find with using multipanel in Content Fragment models?

Level 5

No,

We got super busy and kind of worked around this. A work around is make a content fragment model and then do a list and point to that content fragment.... for example if you wanted to have (and this is simple and part bad example) -- You have a Student that takes classes, instead of having a student model with a multifield for classes, you would have a class model and in student model you can have a multilist and point to each class.

As we request these types of things i think they will improve content fragments as well as experience fragments.

Level 1

Thanks for your reply. How can i create a multilist of class model inside student model. Currently, we can only add the available data types while defining a model (e.g. single line text, multi line text, number, etc). I am not able to find the option to add a custom data type/content model inside another model.

Level 4

I am currently looking into the same thing. Basically, Content Fragments appear to be AEM's solution to Content Types for structured data, instead of for abstract information. However, sometimes this structured data gets really complicated.

I came across this article which seems like it may be on the right track. I'm going to give it a shot, but just wanted to add this to the thread since this is the first result for a lot of related queries on Google.