Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

MSM rollout not updating links in the lives copies after moving a page in content hirearchy

Level 1

Hi ,

I'm facing an issue as after moving a page in the blueprint content hierarchy is updating its reference in other pages. But as I rollout this changes the live copy is not updating the referencing and the moved page is existing in the both new and old hierarchy and all other pages having reference to it still pointing to the older path.

for ex:-

"/content/sample-site/lanugage-master/en/main/test" is the page which i'm moving to the new location "/content/sample-site/lanugage-master/en/core/test" &  "/content/sample-site/lanugage-master/en/main/home" page is having a reference or link to the test page. After page movement the reference is updating and working as expected to the core/test path. But, as I rollout this changes the livecopy home page reference and it still points to "main/test" page and the "main/test" and "core/test" both pages exists in the live copy. 

Am I missing any step while rolling out this changes? I'm using standard rolloutconfig and page move config.

I have also checked the "Update Reference across nested LiveCopies" checkbox in the "CQ MSM References Update Action" OSGI configurations.

Thanks in Advance. 

Thanks in Advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

This is what the documentation says:

• Moving pages in a blueprint will not result in corresponding pages being moved in live copies after rollout with standard rollout configuration:

• The reason for this behavior is that a page move implicitly includes a page delete. This could potentionally lead to unexpected behavior on publish, as deleting pages on author automatically deactivates corresponding content on publish. This can also have a knock-on effect on related items such as links, bookmarks, and others.
    • Content inheritance in the respective live copy pages is updated to reflect the new location of their sources in the blueprint.
    • To fully realize a page move from a blueprint to live copies, consider the following best practices:
NOTE

This will work only with the On Rollout trigger.

• Create a custom rollout configuration:

• This new configuration must include the action:

PageMoveAction

Do not add other actions to this configuration.

• Position the new configuration:

• To fully roll out the page move, while deleting respective pages at their old location in the live copy:

• Position the newly created configuration before the standard rollout configuration.

The standard rollout configuration will take care of deleting the pages in their old location.

• To roll out the page move while keeping respective pages in their old location in the live copies (essentially duplicating the content):

Position the newly created configuration after the standard rollout configuration.

This will ensure no content is deleted in the live copy or deactivated from publish.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

This is what the documentation says:

• Moving pages in a blueprint will not result in corresponding pages being moved in live copies after rollout with standard rollout configuration:

• The reason for this behavior is that a page move implicitly includes a page delete. This could potentionally lead to unexpected behavior on publish, as deleting pages on author automatically deactivates corresponding content on publish. This can also have a knock-on effect on related items such as links, bookmarks, and others.
    • Content inheritance in the respective live copy pages is updated to reflect the new location of their sources in the blueprint.
    • To fully realize a page move from a blueprint to live copies, consider the following best practices:
NOTE

This will work only with the On Rollout trigger.

• Create a custom rollout configuration:

• This new configuration must include the action:

PageMoveAction

Do not add other actions to this configuration.

• Position the new configuration:

• To fully roll out the page move, while deleting respective pages at their old location in the live copy:

• Position the newly created configuration before the standard rollout configuration.

The standard rollout configuration will take care of deleting the pages in their old location.

• To roll out the page move while keeping respective pages in their old location in the live copies (essentially duplicating the content):

Position the newly created configuration after the standard rollout configuration.

This will ensure no content is deleted in the live copy or deactivated from publish.