Expand my Community achievements bar.

MSM rollout issue

Level 4

Hi,

We are seeing a strange situation with our instances where when you rollout a page and select rollout page and its sub pages, only parent page is getting rolled out. If i rollout again, children of the parent page are only getting rolled out, if i do the rollout again, then children of the subpages are getting rolled out.

So, it is rolling out pages and subpages only once per page but not all pages at once. 

To be clear, for example: if the page path is /content/x/y/z and if i rollout 'x' then only X gets rolled out, if i rollout X again then X and Y gets rolled out, if i do it again, X, Y, Z gets rolled out. 

Does any one face these kind of situations?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

A few follow questions: Are you using a custom roll out action for rollout pages? And if not, which AEM version you are using? Is there anything in log which you might help us finding out the root cause.

Regards,

Jitendra

Level 4

Hi Jitendra,

We are using a custom rollout action. Which is pagemove, all it has is PageMoveAction liveSyncAction. We add this first and then we add standard rollout config. 

We are using AEM 6.1 SP1 with hotfixes. 

There is no error in the logs, i have logs in debug. 

Level 9

Hi,

#First Point

it is strange that you have configured PageMoveAction as well as Standard rollout config. Ideally, if you are moving content then live copy should also be moved along with blueprint otherwise how standard rollout config would work.

#Second Point

I have to explore how PageMoveAction works but it seems your action is working for top level hierarchies. could be well thought design because when you move entire websites, it could hamper the performance on the author. 

Please check if your action is only rolling out parent pages.

Hope this helps.

---

Jitendra

Level 3

Once we did a small mistake of checking 'Exclude Subpages' checkbox.  Maybe just cross-check this once.

Plus it might make sense, to exclude 'Standard Rollout Config' once and then try to execute the Rollout process.

Sharing debug logs here, might help even more.

Thanks, Dipti