Expand my Community achievements bar.

Moving to AEM Cloud from AEM On-premises

Level 1

Hi Team,

we are developing our website on AEM On-premises. Please let me know how much time it will take to move the same blog to AEM cloud and will there be any challenges? In my opinion, it should not take much time ideally since both are developed on the  same basic architecture implementation and it may be just configuration changes. Please let us know the benefits too. 

1 Reply

Community Advisor

@Ganeshku2 

You mentioned blog, please note that user-generated content is not supported on AEMaaCS.

Incase, its not a user-generated content, there are still few things you would need to consider. Please refer to: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/migration-journey/g...

You might land into surprises on following areas:

- Permission set-up. Use repo-init is you have ACLs in immutable areas (/apps, /libs etc)

- Asset Processing is different in AEMaaCS. If you have done any customization to DAM workflows, you would need to move them to post-processing workflows

- Sling/JCR events: You might need to move to Sling Jobs

- Update depencies in code

- Assure the code doesn't throw errors. Errors on AEMaaCS can cause a Service Outage. That means either page or entire instance would not be available

- Developers would need to learn AEMaaCS ways of debugging, configs and logs.

- It takes long to deploy to Cloud. Consider using RDE, if it helps. Adobe documentation 

- Familiarize yourself with concept of Mutable and Immutable areas 

Aanchal Sikka