Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Move multiple asset in DAM admin

Level 4

Hi All,

In DAM admin we can move single asset OOTB. We have a requirement of selecting multiple asset and move them to a common destination.

Can you please suggest , how to achieve the same?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sumit Chakraborty wrote...

Can somebody provide any solution pls?

AFAIK from ui follow http://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui.html#Moving or Renaming Assets and don;t think there is select folder & then deselect option.     Top of my head collection does not have move but verify once.

In case it is routine activity you need to develop one. When doing so,  make sure to take care of refrenced pages etc...    

If you do not find collection have move functionality please file daycare with business case why it will be used routine in order to track this.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

moving programmatically or using damadmin UI ?

Level 4

Mainly through UI. But if you could inform both the approaches , would be helpful.

Level 10

Hi Sumit,

Through UI, couple of ways to do it.

Goto http://<host>:<port>/damadmin

1. Select the folder under which you want to move multiple asset, unselect the assets which you dont want to move. Give the destination folder and click on 'move'. This creates the respective folder under the destination folder.

2. If you dont want to create the folder and just move the assets, then you can select multiple assets which you want to move 'copy' them, paste it under the destination folder. Later come back and delete the copied assets manually. But this would take multiple steps on it.

Programmatically, you can use 'AssetManager' API to work on the asset level or 'JCR' API to move the nodes directly and save them.

Level 4

Thanks bsloki,

But for @1 :

I did not get the steps you provided. If I select a folder , how can I unselect some assets?

What I see is , I select single asset and move the sameto other destination .But if I select multiple assets the 'move' action in context menu/toolbar gets deactivated.

Am I missing something?

Level 4

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sumit Chakraborty wrote...

AFAIK from ui follow http://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui.html#Moving or Renaming Assets and don;t think there is select folder & then deselect option.     Top of my head collection does not have move but verify once.

In case it is routine activity you need to develop one. When doing so,  make sure to take care of refrenced pages etc...    

If you do not find collection have move functionality please file daycare with business case why it will be used routine in order to track this.

Level 1

This issue is not solved. I am having the same issue –– AEM does not allow me to select multiple assets and move them.

The link provided above (http://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui.html#Moving or Renaming Assets) SAYS you can move multiple assets, but it is incorrect. As soon as you choose multiple assets, the move icon disappears from the toolbar.

Could someone please look into this? I've attached screenshots for reference. In the first screenshot, the move icon is in the toolbar. In the second screenshot, the move icon has disappeared.

[img]Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 11.36.09 AM.png[/img]

[img]Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 11.36.19 AM.png[/img]

Level 4

I have a solution for classic UI now. Created custom ExtJs and and a servlet for serverside move.

1. /libs/wcm/core/content/damadmin/actions/  ...added another node for multiple move (

2. libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SiteAdmin.Actions.js  - added a corresponding function, which basically pops up a dialog for destination and

makes an ajax call to serverside

3. A servelet for moving the actual assets ( does basically a sessio.move() )

Hope it helps.

Let me know if u get any solution for Touch UI . I did not try yet.