Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Error while trying to open Page Properties from siteadmin with custom widget

Level 1

Hi,

We have a custom widget created and this is used in one of the tabs in the page properties. While trying to open the page properties from the siteadmin we are seeing the below JS Error.

"Uncaught cannot create Component: xtype 'custommultifield' not found and no default supplied "

We have added the dependency to the cq.widget clientlib category as mentioned in the link: Custom JS widget not loaded on siteadmin page | Adobe Community

But still the error does not go away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Anoop Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Increase value of json.maximumresults at [1] and verify. If does not work remove all folders under /var/clientlibs/* and running the test again. 

[1]   http://<host>:<port>/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Increase value of json.maximumresults at [1] and verify. If does not work remove all folders under /var/clientlibs/* and running the test again. 

[1]   http://<host>:<port>/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet

Level 1

I tried this, it didn't work for me. Still i see the same error coming up.

Did this work for anyone. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Nikash

Level 10

As mentioned in my other post -- this error simply means that CQ cannot locate the ClientLibs where you defined custommultifield. 

See this community article where we define the xtype and reference it:

Creating your first Adobe Experience Manager custom xtype

Level 10

This error means that CQ cannot find the custom xtype. Double check the client libs folder to make sure that you have referenced it properly. 

Level 1

Have done the check, when I debug the client library using the below tool, I do see that my library comes up as a dependency. How can I verify if that is being resolved or not?

/libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.test.html?categories=cq.widgets