Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Move assets folder in Author without deleting in Publish

Level 6

When I move the assets folder  from old path to new path in aem author without selecting the republish option in last step , the asset folder in old path present in publish gets deleted. I lost all the assets in publish. I do not want to republish before reviewing the new path. Is there a way to move the asset folder locally in author alone without deleting it in aem publish ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

When you Move any Asset folder by default move option, it will adjust all the references and republish automatically.

And, it is not a best practice to have discrepancy in Author and publisher instance.

What you can do is, create a custom dynamic participant step workflow and keep review the links before actually moving and publishing.

Link:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Adobe Experience Manager Dynamic Participant step

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

When you Move any Asset folder by default move option, it will adjust all the references and republish automatically.

And, it is not a best practice to have discrepancy in Author and publisher instance.

What you can do is, create a custom dynamic participant step workflow and keep review the links before actually moving and publishing.

Link:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Adobe Experience Manager Dynamic Participant step

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni