Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Modify page status drop down in editor.html (aem 6.1)

Level 5

I'd like to add an option to the page dialog drop down in the editor.

What I attempted to do was create a an override at /apps/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/items/pageinfopopover/items/pagestatus with sling:resourcetype seem to a custom pagestatus. This didn't seem to have any affect. This solution worked in 6.0.

Does anyone have any alternatives to accomplish this?

This is perhaps an unrelated quesiton, but I'd also like to implement an entirely separate editor for certain content types (to keep different actions for say, news stories v regular content pages, separate and help to with portability) if anyone can point me in the right direction for that.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Unfortunately, this isn't possible yet, unless you overlay the whole component.

This is a known limitation and will be addressed in AEM 6.2 - for now, I'd recommend you to add the action to the headerbar using the corresponding extension point. However, there's an issue with this extension point in AEM 6.1 GA, internally tracked by CQ-42843. We'll provide a publicly available fix for it in August through a Touch-optimized UI Update Package.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

For adding a new page action - have you looked at the pages on:

Hopefully these will help - if not, just get back to us.

Level 5

Overlaying (sorry, said overriding) at /apps/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/items/pageinfopopover/items/pagestatus didn't seem to work. I'd like to have this in the dropdown, thus the solution offered by "ADD A NEW PAGE ACTION" doesn't really do the trick (having it in the header bar would work only as a last resort).

Correct answer by
Employee

Unfortunately, this isn't possible yet, unless you overlay the whole component.

This is a known limitation and will be addressed in AEM 6.2 - for now, I'd recommend you to add the action to the headerbar using the corresponding extension point. However, there's an issue with this extension point in AEM 6.1 GA, internally tracked by CQ-42843. We'll provide a publicly available fix for it in August through a Touch-optimized UI Update Package.

Level 5

Thanks Gilles, is there a place I can go to see the status of the issue (I believe I'm up to dat on hotfixes, but this isn't working for me still).