Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Migration from 5.6 to 6.01

Former Community Member

Hi, I'm trying a migration following this guide 

But when I'm trying to execute step 4 (migrating from CRX2 to CRX3)  it seems that I'm not passing the include/exclude/merge parameters correctly:

java -jar crx-quickstart/opt/helpers/crx2oak/crx2oak.jar crx-quickstart/repository \--include-path=/ \--merge-paths=/content,/apps \--exclude-paths=/tmp

The weird thing is that if I execute it just with one parameter, let's say exlclude, it works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This could be a bug - especially if you are following the AEM docs and it does not work as documented. Please open a ticket so support can investigate what is happening. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Is this the command that you are using:

java -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048M -jar aem-quickstart-6.1.0.jar -v -x crx2oak -xargs -- -o migrate

Former Community Member

Yes, but I need to exclude tmp folder or it throws an exception and migrate the app and content of some apps I have. That's why I'm using the other command suggested in the guide.

java -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048M -jar crx-quickstart/opt/helpers/crx2oak/crx2oak.jar [OPTIONS] crx-quickstart/repository [target repository]

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 10

This could be a bug - especially if you are following the AEM docs and it does not work as documented. Please open a ticket so support can investigate what is happening.