Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Migrate website from Teamsite to AEM

Level 3

Hi All,

We are planning to migrate our existing website from Teamsite to AEM. Please suggest on below points
1.How to migrate existing Teamsite content store to AEM.
2.We have 70k assets(includes images, docs, pdf, video and audio files).How to upload assets from Teamsite to AEM with metadata.
3.Migrate existing users & groups to AEM.
4.How to implement custom login which authenticated in MY SQL db.

Thanks,

Raja

11 Replies

Administrator

Excellent answer Ratna.

I would like to add very small note that i fould out:-

There may be couple of options to go about it -
A)  leveraging OpenDeploy to transform xml into AEM JCR structure

B)  there was an old interwoven connector on crx2.3, not sure if it works against Oak?
https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/crx/connectors/interwoven/current.html#Installing%20the%20Interwoven%...

DCRs are xml files and it could be simple work to parse them and extract content to create pages. If you also need to extract extended attributes you can probably leverage on TeamSite APIs to also extract this data. Otherwise you can set up a script to get them via TeamSite command line tools. This script could also post data to CQ read from DCRs and Ext Attributes, but not sure if this is best approach to use.

TeamSite is also shipped with OpenDeploy: this is tool used by TeamSite to move contents from Authoring to Publish environment. If I remember correctly one of the options available with OpenDeploy, is to perform deployment of XML files. You could eventually use this tool to extract data and extended attributes and then deploy in CQ supported XML that can be packaged and deployed into CQ.

For your extended question on:-

Do you have any idea to implement custom login

1. check credentials in My SQL database.

2. if success, login to AEM server.

Please create a new question and marked this one as solved.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Where is the answer of Ratna i can't see, does anyone have any concrete solution/approach for the same?

Level 3

kautuksahni wrote...

Answer to your second question is yes, but for that you need to write a custom Auth Handler.

Community article:- https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/creating-custom-authentication-handler-aem-cq5-navin-kaushal and http://www.wemblog.com/2013/03/how-to-create-custom-authentication.html

~kautuk

Thanks Kautuk.

Level 3

Dear kautuksahni,

In the second reply, you had mentioned Ratna answered the query. But, I am not able to see Ratna's reply. Could you please either re-post or provide the pointer to Ratna's answer. It would be great help, thanks!

Administrator

I am really sorry, I myself could not able to locate it :/.

Ratna Kumar can you share your thoughts on this answer.

-kautuk

Kautuk Sahni